Sunday, July 28, 2013

Slayer Soundtrack Sunday ~ Heather Nova in "Touched"

 photo e899bf53-a48a-4e7f-8911-627350f65e68.jpg

Heather Nova is a singer-songwriter born in Bermuda and raised in New England.
More background on Nova Here



The song "It's Only Love" is in Episode 20 of Season Seven, as Buffy loses leadership of the Potential Slayers to Faith and leaves the house feeling betrayed, even by the Scooby Gang and Giles. Thinking no one will stand by her, a defeated Buffy has to be convinced to come home by her most loyal and true friend, Spike. I get a little sappy and sentimental over this song! Maybe because Spike gives such a great homage to Buffy out of his love and respect for her - they went so far as a couple before the end of the series! *wipes away tear*

Spike - "You listen to me. I've been alive a bit longer than you, and dead a lot longer than that. I've seen things you couldn't imagine, and done things I'd prefer you didn't. Don't exactly have a reputation for being a thinker. I follow my blood, which doesn't exactly rush in the direction of my brain. I've made a lot of mistakes. A lot of wrong bloody calls. A hundred plus years, and there's only one thing I've ever been sure of: you ... Here, look at me. I'm not asking you for anything. When I say "I love you", it's not because I want you, or because I can't have you. It has nothing to do with me. I love what you are. What you do, how you try. I've seen your kindness and your strength. I've seen the best and the worst of you. And I understand, with perfect clarity, exactly what you are. You're a hell of a woman. You're the One, Buffy."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...